Creating a network install for Office 2003
Using Ork tools, available from MS, you can customize the Office 2003 Install and then distribute the Office using Zenworks application objects or Application images.
- Download Orktools from Micosoft or from the following link
- Start Office install from your installation CD, setup.exe /A
- Specify location to store the office install. This would be a location on the server. The office install then copies all the required files to this location for future installations.
Now launch Orktools to customize the install and create a MST file which will hold all your customizations for zenworks to use to distribute Office.
- Start Start -> Programs -> Office Tools -> Office XP Resource Kit -> Custom Installation Wizard
- Specify location of MSI, this would be the MSI that the office install create during the administrative install.
- Specify Create a new MST file
- Continue answering the options for Office customization. These would include whether to install word and other products. I would recommend that the options be "not to install" or "install local".
- Make any other tweaks if desired. This step is not required.
- Select finish to save the transform
- Create Zenworks application object.
- Specify MSI STD11.msi file located in the administrative install location.
- Specify MST created earlier using ORKtools.