- install SMT in the external network with NCC connection.
- mirror all repositories you want to have
- create a "database replacement file"
smt-ncc-sync --createdbreplacementfile /tmp/dbrepl.xml
- mount external harddisk / usb stick
- Export the data to the mounted media
smt-ncc-sync --todir /media/disk/ smt-mirror --dbreplfile /tmp/dbrepl.xml --directory /media/disk \ --fromlocalsmt -L /var/log/smt/smt-mirror-export.log
Note: smt-ncc-sync export also the subscription and entitlement data. To keep SUSE Manager up-to-date with the amount of subscriptions and entitlements, you need to export/import these data frequently.
- umount the disk, carry it to your SUSE Manager and mount it there
- do a full sync before you do anything else:
mgr-ncc-sync --from-dir /media/disk
- on SUSE Manager mgr-ncc-sync can be used now as usual. The only difference is the new parameter "--from-dir" to point it to the mounted disk.
mgr-ncc-sync --from-dir /media/disk -l mgr-ncc-sync --from-dir /media/disk -c <channel-name>
Be careful. The disk must be available always at the same mount point. Do not trigger a sync, if the disk is not mounted. If you have already added a channel from a local repository path, you will not be able to change its URL to point to a different path afterwards (this includes NCC).
- to disable the forwarding of registrations to NCC set the following value in "/etc/rhn/rhn.conf"
server.susemanager.forward_registration = 0