Welcome to the SUSE Manager Wiki
Follow us on Twitter!
As already mentioned on the wiki main page, please feel free to join in. You can read anything in here without logging in, but if you feel like commenting on something, or starting a new topic, you'll need to use a Novell Login account (which you'll be prompted to create if you don't already have one). If you are unfamiliar with using Wiki's in general, please visit Novell Wiki or the grandaddy wiki info site www.wiki.org for some background info.
You have more than just a few Linux servers to manage, maybe even a mixed environment of RHEL and SLES?
Then SUSE Manager is the answer.
SUSE Manager gives you best of breed Linux lifecycle management based on the most mature codebase for any Linux management tool, with both RHEL and SLES support from one unified console, maintained and improved by the guys who wrote the fastest and most advanced Linux update stack on the planet. SUSE Manager gives you the lowest possible Total Cost of Ownership for your Linux environment, from bare metal provisioning to daily patch management.
SUSE Manager is an open source (GPLv2) Linux systems management solution that allows you to:
- Inventory your systems (hardware and software information)
- Install and update software on your systems
- Collect and distribute your custom software packages into manageable groups
- Provision (AutoYaST / Kickstart) your systems
- Manage and deploy configuration files to your systems
- Monitor your systems
- Provision and start/stop/configure virtual guests
- Distribute content across multiple geographical sites in an efficient manner.
- Installation instructions
- Installation from packages on top of SLES 11
- Virtual install, virt-manager
- Setup without connection to SCC (or NCC)
- Security and Firewall
- Use Multiple Mirror Credentials
- Client Communication Methods
- Installation using VirtualBox
- Notes on setting up the Oracle Database
- Migration from Oracle database to postgreSQL
- Archive log settings in 1.7
- Frequently asked questions about the Databases
- PostgreSQL embedded database limitations
- Oracle keepalive configuration
- Connect to Oracle cluster setup
Plugins and tools
- List of typical problems and their solution
- Corrupt channel/repository data
- Osad and Jabberd Troubleshooting
- Spacecmd is acting weird
- How to analyze yast/zypper solver testcases
- Clients not showing available updates that are shown in the webUI
- Configure Logging for the Java Processes
- Service Pack Migration
- Using the Google Chrome Browser
- Reclaiming disk space
- Changing the server hostname
- Using the XMLRPC API
- About the server certificate
- Registering Cloned Clients
- Tune the central configuration file
- Creating own Reports for spacewalk-report
- Using child channels during provisioning
- Rotating spacewalk-repo-sync log files
- Cloning channel per RHEL update level
- Creating up-to-date bootstrap repositories
- TFTP Sync
- Executed bootstrap on server by mistake
- Cobbler: how does SUSE Manager integrate with it?
- Managing CentOS clients
- SUSE Manager in the SUSE cloud
- SSH Server Push
- SUSE Manager in a HAE Cluster
- Use a local mirror for downloading RPMs with mgr-ncc-sync
- Syncing RHEL media
- System Activation Keys Best practice
- How to have multiple accounts flagged as 'admin'
- Tool to re-register a server against a SUSE Manager Proxy Server
- Entitlement Certificate Update Tool