SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop
Welcome to the SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop Wiki!!
As already mentioned on the wiki main page, please feel free to join in. You can read anything in here without logging in, but if you feel like commenting on something, or starting a new topic, you'll need to use a Novell Login account (which you'll be prompted to create if you don't already have one). If you are unfamiliar with using Wiki's in general, please visit Novell Wiki or the grandaddy wiki info site www.wiki.org for some background info.
Several areas of the Novell webspace provide information regarding the SUSE LINUX Enterprise Desktop (commonly abbreviated as SLED).
General SLED Information
Some general information on SLED is available at the Novell and Linux page.
SLED11 eMedia Download
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 e-Media Kit
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 SP1
SLED 10 is released, and can be downloaded here:
New with SLED 10 is the Novell Customer Center. See Getting to know the Novell Customer Center
SLED10 eMedia Download
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 SP1 Media Kit
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 SP2 eMedia Kit
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 SP3 with 60 Day Evaluation Subscription
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 SP4 for x86, AMD64, Intel64 with 60 Day Evaluation Subscription
- SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 SDK (Software Development Kit)
- Desktop Multiplier for SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 (Ideal for Linux-based computer labs, K-12 classrooms, thin clients, libraries, call centers and POS terminals)
- SLED 10 Internet Links - List of Articles & How-tos across the Internet
- SLED 10 Deployment Tips - Various articles covering the deployment of SLED 10.
- SLED10 Hardware Tips - Various articles about running various hardware with SLED10.
- SLED10 User Tips - Various articles that might benefit the average SLED10 User.
- Multiplied SLED 10 Migration Strategy - This white paper describes how up to migrate up to 10 users to a single SLED 10 desktop. Ideal for computer labs, K-12 classrooms, libraries, POS terminals and thin client deployments.
- SLED10SP1 Gnome Panel Icon - How to add an icon to the SLED10 SP1 Panel
- SLED10 Dual Boot with VMware Player - How to create a Dual Boot SLED workstation using VMware Player to access the other Operating System.