Changing an OES2 Server's IP Address
Update - Novell has provided a script and documentation since the release of OES2SP1 for changing the ipaddress - see http://www.novell.com/documentation/oes2/oes_implement_lx/data/ipchange.html
The information below will be left as a reference.
You may be required, at some point, to change the IP address of your OES2 (linux) server. If you think this is as simple as using YaST to change the NIC's bindings, you'd be wrong.
Below is a list of files which relate to the IP address of an OES2 server. If you want to ensure that all OES2 services still run properly after editing the IP address in YaST, do the following:
- /etc/nam.conf (edit the file)
- /etc/opt/novell/eDirectory/conf/nds.conf (edit the file)
- /etc/sysconfig/novell/ldap_servers/<server ip address> (rename the file, edit the file)
- /etc/sysconfig/novell/lum (edit the file)
- /etc/sysconfig/novell/sms (edit the file)
- /var/lib/novell-lum/.<server ip address>.der ( run namconfig -k to recreate the file)
do not forget to modify the /etc/hosts file, and the /etc/sysconfig/network either If you have Groupwise running on the top of your OES, you have to change the IP address of all your agent objects (MTA,POA,GWIA) and the link configuration as well Console1/Tools/Groupwise Utilities/Link configuration
for using DHCP:
- /etc/dhcpd.conf (edit file)
for using NSS:
- /etc/sysconfig/novell/nss (edit the file)
for using DNS:
- /etc/sysconfig/novell/NovellDns (edit the file)
For iPrint, you most likely will have to edit the following files:
For iFolder 3, you most likely will have to edit the following files:
Grep Command: You can use the following command to grep through your server and see if there are any other files with the old ip address still in there. Insert your ip address and the directories you want to search.
- grep -R "137.x.x.x" /etc/* |less
Recreate default ssl certificates:
- Use iManager to recreate the default ssl certs with the correct ip address.
- (iManager, Novell Certificate Server, Repair Default Certificates.
After completing all the tasks reboot the server.